Saturday, October 18, 2008

Live from NAASCon

I went to a "workshop" this morning [I use the term "workshop" loosely; it was more like a lecture], and the first words out of the presenter's mouth were "Asian America is dead." The lecture itself still proved very informative and, on some level, inspiring, but I'll get to more of that a bit later.

I do have a couple of brief things:

- We're moving between workshops right now, and I finally had a little bit of time to get on to the Emory Guest wifi network. The Mixed Race caucus just finished, and now the third workshop session is about to begin. I'll be attending the one on police brutality, and I'll be sure to relay some information via the blog.

- The Matiott doesn't have free wifi for its guests, which is why I wasn't able to update last night.

- I'll have a bigger update tomorrow night that discusses more of the meaty, substantive points of the workshops.

See y'all soon; who knows, maybe later tonight.

No comments: