Friday, October 24, 2008

FACT Conference


Hey everyone.

So this weekend I'm attending the FACT conference down at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. FACT stands for Filipino Americans Coming Together. At FACT, there are a lot of workshops that educate about Filipino Culture and Fil-Am Culture as well. Some of the workshops included are a Modern (Hip-Hop) Dance workshop, Filipinos and Martial Arts, Pinay Empowerment, Filipinos in Non-Tradtional Fields among many more. This years theme is "I Am" | The world around us. The culture among us. The power within ME. Filipinos from so many midwest schools are going to be there this weekend, celebrating our culture within the US and within our roots back in the Philippines. I'm hella excited and also grateful for this weekend cause I've been really stressed with school. I heard the Variety show is sick on Saturday night and I heard the afterset at Canopy is just as crazy. I'll be filling you guys in Sunday on the workshops I attended and also all the other fun stuff. Hope you all have safe and good weekends.

-Jeff

No comments: