Friday, October 24, 2008

Cultural Appropriation.

So yesterday during our discussion of "Shortcomings" [are books underlined or italicized or in quotation marks? i never could remember] by Adrian Tomine, we eventually ended up around the topic of appropriation. Given that I've been running on very little sleep and am currently not very capable of making coherent statements, I tried to describe cultural appropriation the best I could but I don't think I did a very good job.

Sooooo, I vowed that when I got home, I'd find a more dependable source to give a better description for y'all. And lo and behold, I remembered that I'd posted something on my facebook [friend me!] from Racialicious [this website is amazinggggg. the link to the site is on the sidebar. check it out!] that was a piece on cultural appropriation they'd done a while back.

Go check it out:
cultural appropriation

It's fairly easy to read and digest. So go!

No comments: